tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Tang" <altit...@airflash.com>
Subject Bug Report?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:55:45 GMT
Hi folks.

I'm including a bug report here, because it seems that this would be the
place for it... This seems to be a fringe type of bug, but I hit it
pretty hard...

Platform: Windows NT4.0 SP4 and SP5.
Tomcat Version: 3.1
Java Version: java version "1.2.2" Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2-W, native
threads, symcjit)

IF a servlet uses "RequestDispatcher.forward()" or
"RequestDispatcher.include()" to pass the request on to a JSP,  AND the
JSP does a "<jsp:import page=..." where the imported page is a JSP, AND
that <jsp:import line occurs anywhere on the first line of the file THEN
the servlet session information is recreated every time the servlet is
invoked.

If the jsp:import line occurs on any line past the first one, the
session information works fine.

I am including a war file (afbug1.war) which better describes the
problem.  See the "index.html" file in the war which will walk you
through the problem.

Thanks.

...alex...