tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Hannan" <>
Subject JSSE and HTTPS
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:15:44 GMT
This is actually a question about JSSE and HTTPS that doesn't involve
requests directly through Tomcat.

Here's the deal.  I want to use JSSE from within a servlet.  It is
communicating with some other webservers over HTTPS when handling
requests.  When I test all my core code (everything but the thin servlet
layer) outside of Tomcat, it works fine.

I dynamically register the HTTPS handler classes and SSL provider as the
JSSE docs say:

The problem is when I do this from within a servlet, it does NOT work.
I've tried a number of things, including moving the provider to and adding setProperty into the tomcat start script via

This doesn't help matters.

Is this a known issue or am I just missing something really stupid?

BTW, Tomcat is on NT.

Thanks for any and all help.

Brian Hannan
Chief Admiral of Uncle Jam's Navy

"One nation under a groove, gettin' down just for the FUNK of it."