tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <>
Subject Re: VOTE: JDK1.2 compiler
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:10:46 GMT
> This is what I came up after some more research and comments from people
> about JDK level and release dates:
> OS                    JDK 1.2            JDK 1.3
> IRIX                  prod               unknown

I use IRIX and last I checked JDK 1.2 wasn't production ready.  When I
did some timings maybe four months ago, a Tomcat start on JDK 1.1.8
wasn't zippy, at about 20 seconds, but it was far better than the 60
second startup I saw with JDK 1.2.  Curiously, there was an exact 30
second delay in the middle of the start.

Any IRIX folks have better luck with JDK 1.2 these days?

View raw message