tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <jhun...@acm.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: JDK1.2 compiler
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:10:46 GMT
> This is what I came up after some more research and comments from people
> about JDK level and release dates:
>
> OS                    JDK 1.2            JDK 1.3
> IRIX                  prod               unknown

I use IRIX and last I checked JDK 1.2 wasn't production ready.  When I
did some timings maybe four months ago, a Tomcat start on JDK 1.1.8
wasn't zippy, at about 20 seconds, but it was far better than the 60
second startup I saw with JDK 1.2.  Curiously, there was an exact 30
second delay in the middle of the start.

Any IRIX folks have better luck with JDK 1.2 these days?

-jh-