tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Glunde <tglu...@pcf-software.de>
Subject Session Tracking Tocmat3.1
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:12:02 GMT
Hi,

I have two points you may want to consider within Tomcat 3.2 release.

To have Session Tracking work without cookies I went into two problems with the
source download from 6th June 2000.

1. Request Interceptor.
In the RequestInterceptor I found the code to get the sessionid from a cookie.
But nowhere it would be read from url. I wrote my own Interceptor, attached to
this mail, which looks it up from url if the cookie fails. Is this implemented
somewhere else, or do I need it? In our configuration Session tracking won't work
without my own Interceptor.

2. encodeURL/encoderedirectURL
in the HttpServletResponseFacade class in the isEncodeable member on our internal
testing web server the url.getPort() method returns the port as not available. So
I added url.getPort()!=-1 to avoid the encodeURL method failing when the
serverport is not available from the url.May this give security leak?

Torsten Glunde