tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Danno Ferrin <shem...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: VOTE: JDK1.2 compiler
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:25:09 GMT
Let me add something to the table that does matter to some people:

Mark Brouwer wrote:
[snip]

>                       JDK 1.2            JDK 1.3
>
> Windows NT            production         production
> Solaris Sparc/x86     production         beta (production Q3)
> Linus                 production         beta (production Q3)
> AIX                   production         beta (production Q2)
> AS400                 production         beta (production Q3)
> OS390                 no plans AFAIK     no plans AFAIK

  *BSD			Announced (BSDi)   no plans AFAIK

as far as going to 1.2 BSD is IMHO the last cog needed before we start
saying "tough cookies to 1.1", and it cannot just be available to people
with a BSDi support contract either, it needs to be as freely usable as
BSD is.

--Danno