tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Manie Coetzee <ma...@hemtech.co.za>
Subject Tomcat + Apache
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:41:50 GMT
Hi,

If have posted a simular message before but I still can't find a
solution.

In my "httpd.conf" I have inserted the following (at the end):
"include /usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf"

I have downloaded "mod_jserv.so" from the tomcat web site and copied
it to the apache/libexec sub directory.

When I type in "localhost/examples" I get a directory tree of jsp's and
servlets.
This is fine but when I try to load any of the examples that is JSP
pages
I get a bad Servlet Header Error.  It is only when I try to load JSP's
or servlets .
Static pages works fine, so that tell me that the requests is actually
send
to tomcat.  But any servlet or JSP example does not work.  The only
conclusion that I can make is that tomcat does not handle the JSP or
servlet
requests. Why, I don't know.

I looked at the tomcat users guide and did exactly as the tutorial
instructed,
but again the same scenario described above.  On WINNT it works
like it says in the user guide, but it just won't work on Linux.

Is there some bug that I am not aware of?
Am I doing something wrong?
Can anybody send me a copy of a working httpd.conf, server.xml and
tomcat-apache.conf ?