tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Ajpv12InputStream.java bit op dillema
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 23:43:34 GMT
Ed Korthof wrote:

> Anyway, this is the sort of stuff which I find interesting, so I'll look
> at the current code ... I'm assuming it makes more sense to tune Tomcat
> than Catalina, right now?

Yes.  It makes sense to focus on the tuning in time for Tomcat 3.2, since it
will benefit people much sooner than Catalina will.

And, Catalina will certainly benefit from all the work that has gone into
tuning the Tomcat connectors, because (other than the standalone HTTP case)
they have not yet been ported.  I'd rather see us port these *after* the
tuning efforts, in order to get the maximum benefit.

> Ed

Craig McClanahan