tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Learning the Tomcat Architecture
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 22:47:02 GMT
Ben Jackson wrote:

> For my own edification, I am trying to learn how the internals of tomcat
> work. I have been reading through the source files, rebuilding them with
> lots of informational println statements, etc.  I'm learning a lot, but it
> is taking me a long time to assemble a big picture view.  Is there any sort
> of document that provides a high level description of how all the pieces
> interact?

One of the technical sessions at JavaOne next week (TS-953:
Tomcat@Jakarta.Apache.Org, Thursday 4:00p-6:15p) will describe the architecture
of both the current Tomcat servlet container and the Catalina architecture that
will be the basis of the next major version of Tomcat).  Look for the slides of
this session to be available on the JavaOne web site shortly after the show
ends.

> Ben Jackson
> ben@silicon-age.com
> http://www.codegarden.com