tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pat O'Neil" <pon...@vention.com>
Subject Re: WEB-INF/lib and .jar files in Tomcat 3.1
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 19:37:26 GMT
I have been fiddling around using tomcat with JacORB and
Visibroker and with various jdk rev's on linux,

in so doing I have had to do the following type of stuff to get it
to work right:

for 1.2+ use the -Xbootclasspath option added on to the java
cmd in the tomcat.sh startup and put the orb libraries higher
than the jdk jars in the classpath, e.g. in tomcat.sh use:

JAVACMD=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xbootclasspath:/usr/local/JacORB1_1/lib/jacorb.jar:
/usr/local/java/jdk1.2.2/jre/lib/rt.jar -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=jacorb.orb.orb
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingleton=jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton

[ replace /usr/local with the appropriate paths on your system ]

and for 1.1 environments, just make sure the classpath has them
higher.

May not be the most elegant approach, and is surely not the
only way to do it, but it worked for me.

Good Luck.

--
Pat O'Neil - poneil@vention.com

"Linux, where you want to BE, when Windows(tm) tells you where to GO!