tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Walker Joe <Joe.Wal...@barclaycard.co.uk>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.1 and JSPs.
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:10:47 GMT

sendRedirect() is very different to getRequestDispatcher() in that it asks
the browsers to requery the webserver.
The latter is preferable for lots of reasons.

You need to check that you are not doing anything to the servlet output
stream before you re-direct - probably don't even call response.getWriter()
to make sure.

Joe.