tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Jenkins" <adamjenk...@hotmail.com>
Subject newbie question...please help re:image processing servlet with tomcat
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:30:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm relatively new to tomcat 3.1...I'm having a problem with a simple image
create servlet from jason hunters java servlet programming page 161...the
servlet returns a hello world gif by using g.drawString where g =
image.getGraphics() then encodes using Acme GifEncoder...the code works fine
stand alone and applet but as a servlet in tomcat I keep getting an
UnsatisfiedLinkError no fontmanager found in java.library.path   I have set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the directory that contains fontmanager.dll and
even set java.library.path to point to it in runtime, but I still get the
same error.  I'm using tomcat on win32

is there something I'm missing here?  Has anyone come across this kind of
thing before.

thanks in advance
adam

adamjenkins@hotmail.com