tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Watchdog fail?
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:18:59 GMT
So it's my first time running Watchdog, and I get the following error:

FAIL org.apache.jcheck.servlet.client.javax_servlet.ServletContext.GetContextTest (getContextTest)
:org.apache.jcheck.servlet.client.javax_servlet.ServletContext.GetContextTest exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/servlet-tests/GetContextTest

and on the server side,

Thu Jun 22 01:10:56 PDT 2000 ContextManager: Ctx(  ) Mapping with unregistered servlet tests.javax_servlet.ServletContext.GetServletContextTestServlet
Thu Jun 22 01:10:56 PDT 2000 ContextManager: Ctx( /servlet-tests ) Exception in: R( /servlet-tests
+ /GetContextTest + null)
 java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.moo.servlet.ServletTest.service(ServletTest.java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
and so on.

What's odd is that it seems like the test isn't failing exactly, it
just isn't being found.  But I've poked around and the class files for
both GetServletContextTestServlet and GetContextTestServlet seem to be
there...

Is anyone else having this error?  Should I ignore it and proceed with
my checkin?  Or should I keep trying to track it down?

Thanks -

 - Alex