tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <>
Subject Re: proposal of a new handling of
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:50:25 GMT
It looks great in concept. Template files are better than hardcoded
print statements any day.

I'd need to see your template files to be sure it all works right.

Random notes:

Why do you need pre and post files? Why not just one template file?

The whole thing could be done almost trivially by including another
jakarta project, regexps.  Check out
and you can delete your readConfig and createConfig methods.

Is there a reason to use %c/%p instead of some other escape syntax?
For instance, ant-style ${context} or JSP-style <%=context%> or...

 - Alex