tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: Global caching hack?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:45:26 GMT
Yes, that's a valid solution. But you have some extra overhead, some
extra code to write, and you also have the bootstrap problem -- you
have to decide which code actually initializes and registers the
remote object.  But it's a good way to make an object (which may or
may not be a singleton) that's shared by multiple load-balanced web
servers.  (Note that RMI, CORBA, EJB, and a custom ServerSocket-based
server are all valid approaches.)

 - Alex