tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject SSL Issues
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:13:53 GMT
I have been able to successfully connect to the SSL socket factory using
an https request, I begun debugging the servlets that I expose through the
website.

My initial servlet is a 'login' servlet.

After printing the HttpServletRequest headers and parameters, I
am wondering whether the 'handler' needs to be sensitive to the request.

This, since the servlet sees no difference between the request for
http and https:

	request.isSecure == false
	request.protocol == HTTP/1.0

(the protocol will probably remain the same, since the SSL capability is
on the transport and not on the protocol. However, I was expecting the
'isSecure()' call to return false in one case (http), true in the other
(https)).

Has anybody ran into something similar ?

Arieh