tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: Bug in InvokerServlet: NullPointerException, tomcat totally dies
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 10:09:27 GMT
On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 05:45:52PM -0700, Jim Rudnicki wrote:

> [...]

No, neither my servlet nor InvokerServlet calls super().  I'm pretty
sure it should not, right?

By the way, these NullPointerExceptions were a red herring -- I
tracked down the problem to a combination of

 (a) when a ServerSocket reports Connection reset by peer via a
SocketException, SimpleTcpEndpoint freaks out and closes the whole
endpoint. It should not; that's a normal thing to happen.

 (b) it reports said closing not to a log file, but to System.err, so
I couldn't see it anywhere (since I launch Tomcat with a remote
script, so System.err output goes nowhere).

I'm working on a patch to fix both issues.

 - Alex

---