tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject Bridging org.apache.tomcat.net.ServerSocketFactory with javax.net
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:35:10 GMT
During my work on trying to get SSL to work with Jakarta/Tomcat, I ran
across the issue of (in)compatibility between the ServerSocketFactory
classes found in org.apache.tomcat.net and javax.net.

I realized the utility of being able to bridge between both definitions.

As a result I am proposing the incorporation of the following class,
which could then be extended by specialized factory implementations
(for SSL, at least):

package org.apache.tomcat.net;

import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;

import javax.net.ServerSocketFactory;
import java.net.ServerSocket;

/**
 *   Utility class to wrap javax.net.ServerSocketFactory objects in
 *   org.apache.tomcat.net.ServerSocketFactory
 */

public class ServerSocketFactoryWrapper
                        extends org.apache.tomcat.net.ServerSocketFactory {

    private ServerSocketFactory ssf;

    public ServerSocketFactoryWrapper () {

        ssf =  ServerSocketFactory.getDefault();
    }

    public ServerSocket createSocket (int port)
       						throws IOException {
        return ssf.createServerSocket (port);
    }

    public ServerSocket createSocket (int port, int backlog)
    						throws IOException {
        return ssf.createServerSocket (port, backlog);
    }

    public ServerSocket createSocket (int port, int backlog,
                                      InetAddress ifAddress)
                                                throws IOException {
        return ssf.createServerSocket (port, backlog, ifAddress);
    }
}

The implicit dependency here is in including the jnet.jar that comes
included with the jsse1.0.1 deliverables.

Ideas ?

Opinions ?

Arieh