tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <car...@aper.net>
Subject RE: ApJServMount status
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:04:11 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <costin@costin.dnt.ro>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 6:01 PM
Subject: RE: ApJServMount status

> Sorry for the late reply,
>
> I don't think this is the right fix - the 2.2 servlet spec requires that
> the context is determined from the URI prefix.
> I don't like that - but that's another story.

> Your proposal is a good way to do that, but we can't make it the default
> behavior.

That's ok but then: shouldn't AJP12RequestAdapter get the context from the
requestURI instead from an useless (well, it's useful for protocol, host &
port, but not for context) context parameter to ApJservMount? This way, we
wouldn't write things like:
ApJservMount /examples /examples
Instead, we would write:
ApJservMount /examples

> ( BTW, it would be nice if you edit a bit the request processing
> description and submit it into Faq-o-matic ! )

Ok. I'm working on it.