tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Sylvain Laurent" <sylvain.laur...@telkel.com>
Subject [integration in jBoss] class loader question
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 02:46:30 GMT
Hi !

I'm currently working on integrating Tomcat in JBoss 2. Tomcat will be a JMX
MBean...

I fought a couple of hours with class loaders, but I finally managed to make
it work.
I just have one question : Why is the ACL's parent class loader always null
? Why not set it as the current context class loader ?

Tomcat needs its own classes to be present in the system class loader
(CLASSPATH env variable, or -classpath vm argument), but it's not very clean
when implementing Tomcat as a MBean. I know it's working for now, but that's
just a design question.

Sylvain