tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "JalenWang" <ja...@pAsia.com>
Subject url-pattern mapping in Apache+Tomcat ?
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:18:04 GMT

after successfully compiling mod_jserv.so and
startup tomcat(TCP port:9000 ajpv port:8007)
 followed by running apache server(port:7000),

I can co-operate with apache and tomcat,but I found
some problems with url-pattern mapping.

in server.xml I add
<Context path="/users" docBase="webapps/users" debug="0" reloadable="true">
</Context>

And:

in  TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/users/WEB-INF/web.xml, I add

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorldServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            com.myservlet.HelloWorldServlet
        </servlet-class>
</servlet>
 <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorldServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/helloworld</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

when I enter http://MY_HOME:9000/users/servlet/helloworld

It Works....

but if I enter http://MY_HOME:7000/users/servlet/helloworld

It can not map to the correct mapping, and I have to type
http://MY_HOME:9000/users/servlet/com.myservlet.HelloWorldServlet
to make it work...

What the Problem within?? and If anyelse I have to modify to make it work
your answer will be much appreciated!!

Jalen Wang