tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anders Janmyr" <anders.jan...@movearound.com>
Subject Session without cookies
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:11:46 GMT
Hello,

I have problems when using sessions on a browser that does not support
cookies (or a browser with cookies turned off). I am using JSP and I use
encodeURL on all my links. The sessionId does not always get put
into the link. The rewrite works well with Netscape and cookies turned off
but not with IE5 and cookies turned off.
It does not work with my wap-phone either, possibly beacause of the gateway.

Is it possible to force Tomcat to always use URLRewrite?
How does Tomcat check if the browser supports cookies?

I am using the 3.1 version of Tomcat.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Anders