tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Giese" <...@digitalkiwi.com>
Subject Global caching hack?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:13:39 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering how I'd be able to hack my own global cache (or rather,
bunch o' variables) into Tomcat that would be available to all servlets and
JSP pages. I'm trying to share an Oracle connection pool (and a couple
similar, global, very large, non-session dependent objects) to all my
servlets and JSPs, and I don't want to build a different cache for each
servlet and JSP page, because it would be an incredible waste of memory.
Where would be the right place for this kind of hack? Or is there an
existing facility I could hack up to make it not a complete hack? (However,
the objects aren't serializable.)

Thanks,

--robin