tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan_Pie...@seagram.com (Jonathan Pierce)
Subject Help with NT service for Tomcat
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 20:13:32 GMT
I have not been able to get jk_nt_service.exe  to work. Has anyone been
successful?

I installed the service according to the instructions, and edited the two
variables to point to my Tomcat Home and JDK Home.

The service fails to start.

Where should I look for diagnostic messages. I am not even sure  the  VM is
starting.
I  was not able to find jvm.stderr in my tomcat home directory.

Does it matter whether I use JDK 1.2.2,  or JDK1.3 ?

I'm also confused about the wrapper command line variable syntax. Why does it
take a -config and -home option, shouldn't it be -DTomcat.home?

Also,  how  do I add additional parameters  to  the java call, such as
-DVariable=Value ?

Jonathan