tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Eliezer Gamerman" <gamer...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Can't get ISAPI Redirector to work
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 15:04:18 GMT
I'm having a similar problem to most other folks with the ISAPI redirection
DLL.

I am running it under th version of IIS 5.0 that comes with Windows 2k
Professional under a Win2k platofrm.

I followed the How To file exactly and still no luck. I'm baffled.

I have tomcat installed at "d:\jakarta-tomcat".

TOOLS.JAR is in the CLASSPATH, JAVA_HOME is defined, etc.

JSP's and Servlets run fine under Tomcat, via Port 8080.

The path to my DLL is: "D:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\iis\i386\isapi_redirect.dll".

I set it up in IIS an ISAPI filter, under the name "jakarta" using the above
.DLL.

Also, since the filter has never loaded correctly, the ISAPI log file has
never been created.

I use the default "workers.propertries" and default
"uriworkermap.properties" files that came with my binary download,
unmodified.

I manually added the Filter DLL to registry as well (see below).

When I try to add it to IIS, it will not load (red down arrow), and write to
the Event Viewer System Log:
"The HTTP Filter DLL D:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\iis\i386\isapi_redirect.dll
failed to load. The data is the error."

These are my registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector \1.0

extension_uri: /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
log_file: D:\jakarta-tomcat\logs\isapi.log
log_level: debug
worker_file: D:\jakarta-tomcat\conf\workers.properties
worker_mount_file: D:\jakarta-tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.properties

Also:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters

Filter DLLs: D:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\iis\i386\isapi_redirect.dll

Please Help.

Thanks!

Eliezer Gamerman
gamerman@mail.com