tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Damian Go³da <dam...@iif.pl>
Subject RE: (Debugging JSP and servlets in Visual Age)
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:36:46 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to debug JSPs and servlets in Borland JBuilder 3.5 using
Tomcat engine?
I have to use JBuilder (because of support of Inprise AppServer) but it has
support only for JSP 1.0 and Servlets 2.1.
I would like to run JSPs on Tomcat (custom tags look great), but I'm
affraid, without debugging it's too heavy.
Any help would be appreciated.

---
Damian Golda

Damian@iif.pl

-----Original Message-----
From: tomcat-dev-return-7696-damian=iif.pl@jakarta.apache.org
[mailto:tomcat-dev-return-7696-damian=iif.pl@jakarta.apache.org]On Behalf Of
Patrick Chanezon
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 7:32 PM
To: Steve Haines
Cc: tomcat dev
Subject: Re:

Here it is Steve, I repost my old mail.
Maybe one tomcat commiter can include this document in the documentation
somewhere.

http://www7.software.ibm.com/vad.nsf/data/document2389?OpenDocument
explains how to run Tomcat in Visual Age to be able to debug servlets
and JSPs.

[cut]
--
Patrick Chanezon, iPlanet Market Maker- Portal/EServices Technical Lead
Netscape Communications Corp. - http://people.netscape.com/chanezon/