tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Florin MANOLACHE <cs980...@cs.tuiasi.ro>
Subject Problems with latest builds..
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 11:23:15 GMT

 I'm kind of new in the tomcat world, and I had some problems building
latest snapshots. First of all I got these errors on building:

Executing Target: tomcat
Compiling 209 source files to C:\java\jakarta\build\tomcat\classes
C:\java\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\facade\HttpServletReq
uestFacade.java:160: Ambiguous class: org.apache.tomcat.util.RequestUtil and org
.apache.tomcat.core.RequestUtil
        long date=RequestUtil.toDate(value);
                  ^
C:\java\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\facade\HttpServletReq
uestFacade.java:310: Ambiguous class: org.apache.tomcat.util.RequestUtil and org
.apache.tomcat.core.RequestUtil
        return RequestUtil.getLocales(this);
               ^
C:\java\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\facade\ServletContext
Facade.java:120: Ambiguous class: org.apache.tomcat.core.Constants and org.apach
e.tomcat.util.Constants
        return Constants.SERVLET_MAJOR;
               ^
C:\java\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\facade\ServletContext
Facade.java:124: Ambiguous class: org.apache.tomcat.core.Constants and org.apach
e.tomcat.util.Constants
        return Constants.SERVLET_MINOR;
               ^
C:\java\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\util\SessionUtil.java
:105: No variable SESSION_COOKIE_NAME defined in class org.apache.tomcat.util.Co
nstants.
        Cookie cookie = new Cookie(Constants.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME, id);
                                            ^
C:\java\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\util\SessionUtil.java
:195: No variable SESSION_COOKIE_NAME defined in class org.apache.tomcat.util.Co
nstants.
            if (Constants.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME.equals(cookies[i].getName()))
                         ^
C:\java\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\util\SessionUtil.java
:214: No variable SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME defined in class org.apache.tomcat.util
.Constants.
        String match = ";" + Constants.SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME + "=";
                                      ^
C:\java\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\util\SessionUtil.java
:265: No variable SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME defined in class org.apache.tomcat.util
.Constants.
        buf.append(Constants.SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME);
                            ^
Note: 3 files use or override a deprecated API.  Recompile with "-deprecation" f
or details.
8 errors, 1 warning.

After I included: "import org.apache.tomcat.core.Constants;" and an:
"import org.apache.tomcat.util.RequestUtil;" everything went just fine. I
don't think that these errors were because my settings because anything
else
from jakarta (ant, watchdog, servletapi) compiled without errors.
Second problem was that after I started tomcat it didn't serve any static
files (index.html or admin/index.html). Are there some extra settings to
be done after building?

I'm using jdk1.3 on an Windows NT S4.

Thanks,
Florin