tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Vasile GABURICI <gabur...@ss.pub.ro>
Subject Java2 support in the JNI worker
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 10:39:02 GMT

	Hi,

	I've added a Java 2 open_jvm function to jk_jni_worker. I've seen
that Costin wanted this in, so I decided to give a hand.

	The new function cannot be compiled if Java 2 headers are not
present. So, if that's the case a warning is issued and the JDK 1.1
function is compiled in.

	The new Java 2 function will check at runtime if a 1.1 or Java 2
VM is being opened. In the first case, it will revert to the 1.1 function.
In the second case, it will support the new worker property "java2opts",
which may be used to pass new style options like -X... or -verbose to the
JVM.

	Because the new style options may contain comma (like in
-verbose:gc,jni), I had to change the separator used internally in jk_map
and jk_util from comma to '*'.

	I also added a "java2lax" property which tells the Java 2 VM
whether to ignore or not unknown options.

	I think there was a problem with jk_util.c, because a new function
had to be added to it for a any new property that was added to a worker.
This was a nuisance for 6 types of workers. So, instead of hacking my
functions to get the new properties parsed, I added two functions that
receive the property name from the caller. I didn't have the time or
patience to change the workers to use the new functions, though.

	I've also changed the parameter checking code in all JNI functions
to use the new assert-style that Costin had started, (but didn't have
time to finish apparently).

	If any of the commiters finds this useful, please check it in.

	Cheers,
	Vasile