tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Vasile GABURICI <gabur...@ss.pub.ro>
Subject nstomcat works on 2 1/2 JDKs
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 10:47:57 GMT

	Hi,

	I've made some progress with the AOLServer module in JNI mode.  It
works well now with Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 and IBM JDK 1.3.0. With IBM JDK
1.1.8 it only works well with JIT disabled.

	The separate init thread solution works well with JDK 1.{2.3}. It
is not so good with 1.1.x though. See my web page for details.

	I had a look a the Apache 2.0a3 code. I didn't find an API for
thread programming. That's one good reason why Constin is shying away from
adding threads to mod_jk ;-) AOLServer has an API interface for thread
programming. One can launch threads, use mutexes, condition variables and
so on in a platform independent manner. It works on pthread, IRIX sproc,
Solaris thr_* and Win32. I think NES has this too. Instead of this Apache
2.0 has a mpm that implements the multithreaded core, but unless I've
missed something, those functions are not accessible to the module
developer.

	Cheers,
	Vasile

	http://www.ss.pub.ro/~gaburici/nstomcat/