tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Arion" <ar...@talentinfo.com.hk>
Subject Re: Multi byte language problem in request.getParameter()
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 09:51:17 GMT
Hi!

Actually, you shouldn't use non-ASCII character in the URL. How knows if
a lower byte of a character is an empty character? (FYI, empty character
should be replace by '+' in URL).

Let's go down to Tomcat, request.getParameter could not get the value
with correct encoding. You can use String.getBytes and new String to
convert the character (possibly with POST method)

Arion