tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@costin.dnt.ro>
Subject Re: Proposal: RequestImpl
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 18:29:17 GMT

>  > I'll send more details a bit later, I have to clean up the auth part,
>  > then I hope to have a bit more time.
>
> Wow! We're going to have hooks! Yoo-hoo! :)

We already have hooks - the RequestInterceptor is exactly that.
( it's at Apache 3.1 level, but it's not very far away - it's not a big
step to split the RequestInterceptor interface in a number of
independent hooks, the way Apache 2.0 did ).

( yes, the interface is probably not the best and the implementation
is far from what it should be, but between tomcat 3.0 and 3.1 we
moved a lot of functionality in hooks/modules and now we can
work on indepenent pieces. IMHO Byte-to-Char is a perfect candidate
for a hook, it's just a matter of finding the time )

Costin