tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [Catalina] Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/servlets DefaultServlet.java
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 18:52:45 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > craigmcc    00/04/30 18:53:55
> >
> >   Modified:    proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat
> >                         HttpRequest.java
> >                proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core
> >                         ApplicationContext.java LocalStrings.properties
> >                         StandardContext.java StandardWrapperValve.java
> >                proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/servlets
> >                         DefaultServlet.java
> >   Added:       proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core
> >                         ApplicationDispatcher.java WrappedRequest.java
> >   Log:
> >   Remove duplication method declaration from HttpRequest -- isSecure() is
> >   already declared in Request.
> >
> >   Correct the context mapping for the default servlet -- the requested
> >   resource should be passed as getServletPath(), not getPathInfo().
>
> It seems broken for servlet invocation.
> When I invoke http://127.0.0.1/servlet/org.exolab.slide.webdav.Webdav
>
> SlideDAV Request Info
>
> Encoding : ISO-8859-1
> Length : 0
> Type : null
>
> Parameters
>
> Protocol : HTTP/1.1
> Address : 127.0.0.1
> Host : 127.0.0.1
> Scheme : http
> Server Name : 127.0.0.1
> Server Port : 80
>
> Attributes
>
> HTTP Header Info
>
> Authentication Type : null
> HTTP Method : OPTIONS
> Path Info : null
> Path translated : null
> Query string : null
> Remote user : null
> Requested session id : null
> Request URI : /servlet
> Context path :
> Servlet path : /servlet
> User principal : null
>
> Servlet path and Request URI are incorrect.
> Context path should be equal to "/servlet", right ?

For the root context, context path should be "" (a zero-length string).  The
context path matches the "path=" attribute of your <Context> element in
conf/server.xml.

However, it looks like this is still wrong -- your servlet should see:

    Servlet path: /servlet/org.exolab.slide.webdav.Webdav
    Path info: null

in this scenario.  I will take a look at that problem.

> Remy

Craig