tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Catalina] Session Store?
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 16:34:40 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> Hi Chris .. I'll be happy to sign you up for whichever Store implementations you
> want to work on.  You're correct -- the FileStore one needs to be fleshed out
> (although I'm not sure that file-per-session is going to scale real well).  I'd
> also like to see Store implementations that use a database via JDBC, plus other
> approaches that might sound reasonable.

Like Splash (the distributed store I was bending your ear about at
ApacheCon - now working in prototype) ... tell me - I've never actually
looked inside a Java session store - how big do they get? I realise this
is a "how long is a piece of string" question, I'm just trying to get a
feel for rough figures for typical applications.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html