tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From william-joseph.middle...@telenor.com
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/etc server.xml
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 23:24:04 GMT
>   Log:
>   - use PoolConnector by default. It's much faster, and allow
> object reuse.
>   The code is much more efficient - but that also means it is
> more complex.
>   We need to test it a lot - multi-pocessor, various OSes, etc.

I tried this once with an early 3.1.  I had to drop it because
we want to restart tomcat once in awhile, and the ordinary
stop command (via JSP) did not kill all the pool-threads for some
reason, and the java process would not die without a QUIT signal
(kill -9).

I have not tried it in awhile.  My attempt was using JDK 1.1.7b
on Linux.  I know I should have reported it then, but at the
time I had not gotten a bug account, sorry.  Perhaps someone
can verify it still is a problem on Linux.

Bill