tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: SSL in Tomcat 3.1 (and Catalina)
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 21:41:55 GMT
> In both Tomcat 3.1 and Catalina, the connector is already a pluggable
component
> with properties that can be discovered through reflection, so this should
be
> pretty easy.  I don't know enough about SSL/TLS to know whether it is
> sufficient to build a single "SSLConnector" implementation with pluggable
> socket implementations underneath, or whether you need separate Connectors
> (from the Tomcat perspective) for each socket suite.  The former would be
> preferable IMHO.

I had a very quick look at JSSE, and it provides a new set of socket objects
which have to be used instead of the normal. I feel like it could be
integrated in the normal connector, but we'll have to look a little deeper
into that.
Do you know how John Shin plans to implement this ? Will he make use of
JSSE, or will he go one level below and use JCE (or some other equivalent
library) ?

Remy