tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Warner Onstine" <onst...@exoffice.com>
Subject SSL in Tomcat 3.1 (and Catalina)
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 20:18:45 GMT
Ok,
So that I don't miss anything as I start to progress on this:
1. We want Tomcat (and Catalina) to support SSL with the following Crypto:
(please tell me if I miss any with links for my research)
    a. TLS (http://www.puretls.org)
    b. RSA (many, but is there an open-source version?)
    c. IDEA (again, many, but is there an OS version?)
    d. DES, triple DES
    e. RC4, RC2

Q. Does anyone know or have a link to which browsers support which
encryption techniques?

Q. Do we want to make it 'pluggable' via web.xml or server.xml? (or another
option I didn't even consider?)

I think that is about all of my questions for now, thanks guys!

-warner