tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Labanowski <...@osc.edu>
Subject Re: <init-param> in /test
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:31:45 GMT
If I may...

The white space should be probably trimmed from "name"s, but not from
values. At least in UNIX, if we use analogy of Environment variable, the
name should not have spaces inside, I believe, since shells assume
that it does not have white space (again, I believe).

Jan
Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Costin Manolache wrote:

> I will fix web.xml, I don't think trim() is the right solution - what if the user
> wants the
> spaces ?
> ( I guess it can use a CDATA - but that will be useless too if we strip the spaces ).
>
> Costin
>

> Anil Vijendran wrote:
>
> > Jan Labanowski wrote:
> >
> > > Conclusion:  White space should be removed from around initialized
> > > parameters, and the file <TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/test/WEB-INF/web.xml is
BAD.