tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From mclin...@informed.net
Subject Re: Web Hosting and Tomcat
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:49:11 GMT

> Does anyone know of any web hosting services
> that support Tomcat?

I'm not sure that you would want one (except for experimental purposes) and
I am not sure that there is enough commercial value (right now) to make
this attractive to Web Hosting sites.

Tomcat is a reference implementation and a moving target, at best. While we
run Tomcat in house for testing and development, for production
applications we use other servlet servers like JServ or Resin. Don't get me
wrong. I like Tomcat (especially Catalina) and would love to employ it in
production, but I don't think that anyone would argue that it is there,
yet.

Sean