tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject JSP nested include issue
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:21:44 GMT
Hi,

A while back, I tested Tomcat 3.1 with a demo web site being developed here at SAS.  It had
a problem using nested jsp:includes, i.e.

	a.jsp  jsp:includes  inc/b.jsp  which jsp:includes  c.jsp

Tomcat 3.1 looked for c.jsp relative to a.jsp instead of b.jsp.  As a result I logged bug
#108.  This has been fixed so Tomcat 3.1 currently will look for c.jsp relative to b.jsp.

For reasons I can't explain,  I didn't investigate the behavior of <%@ include... %>
as well.  Today, I tried the demo site again and found that it was converted to use "<%@
include...%>" from jsp:include.  I found that for <%@ include... %> Tomcat looks
for c.jsp relative to a.jsp.

Reviewing bug #108, I noted that in the following comments:

Subject: [Fwd: relative directories and nested includes]I think that Alex and Sam are correct
and that include directives should be relative to the page where they are located.
Anybody objects? If nobody objects, I'll be sure this is clarified somewhere (besides Tomcat
:-]).
thanks, - eduard/o

that Eduardo refers to the

Larry Isaacs