tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jon * <...@clearink.com>
Subject Re: UML Documentation for Developers
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 18:15:09 GMT
on 4/4/00 10:26 AM, Don Pellegrino <don@mail.advok.com> wrote:

> As part of my curriculum at Drexel University I need to complete a UML
> project for Systems Analysis II.  It seems to me that this is a great
> opportunity to make the source code for Tomcat more readable and accessible
> to new project members.  I would like to examine the Tomcat source and
> produce a full UML documentation of its architecture.  Please let me know if
> you think this would be a useful contribution to the project.  Would anyone
> be willing to let me contact them for questions on the code?
>
> Currently I am trying to develop the definition and scope for this task.
> Any input would be appreciated.

I know this might suck for you, but you seem to have the time...so I would
suggest trying to use ArgoUML to do your modeling...

<http://argouml.tigris.org/>

I say that it would suck because ArgoUML doesn't import existing code. You
would have to draw things from scratch. That might be a good learning
experience though.

-jon