tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Tomasini <andr...@dsnet.it>
Subject RE: Basic Authentication with IE don't WORK...
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2000 07:59:01 GMT
> Could you help us by describing exactly the symptoms you see?
OK Man,
 the symptoms are really simple, the "WWW-Authenticate" header are not send
back correctly to the client, so IE hangs on waiting response from the
server and Netscape raise-up the authentication login window, reporting that
the Authentication type is "UNKNOWN" and it's coming from a Bad Realm...
Opera Browser report that it can handle request because the Authentication
method is not yet supported...

These are HEADERS I set in my Authentication Servlet according to RFC:

[...]
response.setHeader("WWW-Authenticate", "BASIC REALM=\"" + m_authRealm +
"\"");
response.sendError(response.SC_UNAUTHORIZED);
[...]

And this is the HEADERS I get from the server when connecting to the
servlet, using Perl-libwww :-)

[...]
401 Unauthorized