tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: Having problems trying to setup debugging in IDE...
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 13:13:30 GMT
Thanks, Shantul!  That did the trick.  It looks like I should be able to get
everything working now...:)

- Sean T.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigam,Shantul [mailto:snigam@profilesys.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 6:18 AM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Having problems trying to setup debugging in IDE...

There were some changes to tomcat which make the code that IBM put out not
work with version 3.1. I am using JBuilder and to run Tomcat, I have to
include the libraries and use the following files to start and stop. These
were written by Ken Chan at Borland....

StartTomcat:

public class StartTomcat
{

  public StartTomcat()
  {
  }

  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(args);
  }
}

StopTomcat:

public class StopTomcat
{

  public StopTomcat()
  {
  }

  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(new String[]{"-stop"});
  }
}

You will also need to include the following in your class path:
jasper.jar
servlet.jar
webserver.jar
xml.jar