tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Building issues and Ant
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 18:07:41 GMT

Costin wrote:
>It's hard to automate the build process when both the build tool, the
>build script and the source code are changing at the same time.

Can you be more specific?

I can guarantee that the current Tomcat from CVS will build with the
current Ant from CVS.  I can also guarantee that any released version of
Tomcat will build with the corresponding version of Ant.

I am also pretty sure that the current Tomcat will will build with the last
released CVS.

What combination are you trying?  Not knowing how the nightly builds are
produced makes it hard to anticipate what changes are OK and what changes
are not.

- Sam Ruby