tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Riedel <>
Subject [Jakarta] Startup Error
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:50:32 GMT
The latest source release of ANT properly builds Jakarta. The binary
release version available from the download page does not.

Once I got this working, I found several othe issues:

1) The XMLMapper only locates conf/server.xml properly if the current
directory when the server is started is CATALINA_HOME. What this implies is
that you must currently be in the top level directory of the Catalina build
and start the server with something like:

     bin/ run

2) When the XMLMapper locates the server.xml file, it throws the following
error. Any ideas?

XmlMapper: Debug level: 999
XmlMapper: Set locator : com.sun.xml.parser.Parser$DocLocator@2398fa87
ERROR reading conf\server.xml
At Line 15 /Server/Engine/ defaultHost=localhost unknownHost=localhost

	at java.lang.Class.forName(
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.ObjectCreate.start(
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchStart(,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.startElement(
	at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(
	at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.content(
	at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(
	at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(
	at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(
	at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Catalina.execute(
	at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Catalina.main(

View raw message