tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [Catalina] WebDAV methods
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 23:22:32 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Your latest patch fixed the 304 error. Static stuff now works great !!

Cool!

> Using the following mapping in the web.xml file, I'm able to load my DAV
> servlet on startup :
>   <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>org.exolab.slide.webdav.Webdav</servlet-class>
>     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>debug</param-name>
>       <param-value>99</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>   </servlet>
>
>   <!-- The mapping for the webdav servlet -->
>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/dav/*</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>
>
> It works !!!! I mean : the servlet loads on startup, as expected.
> Note : I don't use the Catalina / Tomcat logging facility, but I will soon
> :-)

I just fixed a bug in the getPathInfo() that your servlet would have received
when actually invoked.  It should work better now.

> However, in case Catalina gets a request using an OPTIONS HTTP method, my
> servlet is not invoked (although the Wrapper seems to be invoked), so DAV
> functionality though IE doesn't work yet. I'll look into that problem later
> today, if you don't mind.

There is nothing in Catalina itself that should care about which HTTP method
was used.  There might be something inside javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet
itself that is swallowing them.  At the moment, I've left a log() call active
inside StandardWrapperValve that will log the HTTP method and request URI it's
using, just before calling the service() method of the servlet.  That should
help determine where the problem lies.

> You can see it working using a standard browser, though. It works with DAV
> Explorer, though.
> Go to http://24.12.46.10:8080/dav/
>
> Remy

Craig