tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Arion" <ar...@talentinfo.com.hk>
Subject Question about RequestDispatcher
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:13:26 GMT
I have a program with the following flow:

Form A (JSP) -- Submit --> Process Form (Servlet) -- RequestDispatch -->
Another page

I use RequestDispatcher to let the client view another page after the
form is processed. However I found that the URL of the browser is left
unchanged. This would cause problem if the client reload the page again
(as the form would be processed one more time).

Is it the correct way to use RequestDispatcher?

I have tried redirect, but all the cookies disappeared :(

Now I am using Refresh Header for the client to load another page after
the form is processed. Is there any better way?

Thanks

Arion

P.S. If it is not the correct place to ask this question, would you mind
give me a pointer to where I should ask? Thanks