tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <...@avaterra.com>
Subject building JServ
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:20:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying tp build JServ using the following statement which works
fine.

./configure --with-apache-src=/wwwkia/apache_1.3.12/apache_1.3.12
--prefix=/wwwkia/apache_1.3.12/jserv --enable-debugging
--with-JSDK=/wwwkia/jars/servlet.jar

Afterwards I'll execute make;make install and will get several errors
such as the one listed below.

/wwwkia/apache_1.3.12/ApacheJServ-1.1/src/java/org/apache/jserv/JServSession.java:74:
class org.apache.jserv.JServSession must be declared abstract. It does
not define java.lang.Object getAttribute(java.lang.String) from
interface javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
public class JServSession implements HttpSession, JServLogChannels,
Serializable {

What gives.  I just downloaded the most recent version of the Servlet
development kit.  As well as the most recent version of the JServ source
code version 1.1.

Anyone have a clue.  The help files on the javasoft web site don't have
the method such as the one above for the interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpSession, but obviously something is wrong.

Don