tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: When 3.1. final comes to us?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 07:23:38 GMT
"Alexey V. Meledin" wrote:

> Hi,
>  tomcat-developers!
>
>  In tomcat developers plan I see the 7/04.
>  Lastest binary version is dated by 27 march, but there is 19 april.

It was release today. The following message was sent to the Tomcat
general list:

Subject: Announcing release 3.1 of Tomcat!

Download it at http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.1/

In addition to continuing to supporting the latest Java Servlet and
JavaServer Pages Specifications, this release contains a number of
improvements over the Tomcat 3.0 release:

 * Thread pooling and JVM load balancing
 * ISAPI and NSAPI integration
 * A Command line JSP to Servlet Code tool
 * Automatic generation of Apache configuration files
 * Automatic deployment of Web ARchive (WAR) files
 * Logging
 * Substantially improved documentation
 * Experimental servlet reloading
 * Experimental security implementation
 * Minimal Admin/Deployment Tool
 * Internal APIs were changed for flexibility and integration
 * The source code was cleaned and reorganized
 * Most non-essential code was moved out of tomcat.core
 * Greater platform / JVM level coverage
 * Many, many bugs were fixed.

- Sam Ruby

--