tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: authorization providers (was More on JAAS)
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:42:19 GMT
Shachor Gal wrote:

> I think that this argument get a little out of proportion here...
>
> You are comparing two completely different things:
> 1. A working servlet container (Tomcat)
> 2. A design that (relative to the above) is mostly on the blackboard.
>
> And, you make the comparison based on a portion of Tomcat that is known
> to be unfinished...

Hmm, unfinished versus incomplete ... sounds more similar than different :-)

Seriously, you're absolutely right -- we need a functional implementation of
Catalina in order to compare on anything other than theoretical grounds.  One
of my motivations in bringing this up is to start comparing design approaches,
and hopefully garner some interest in helping to create just such a functional
implementation.

>     Gal Shachor

Craig McClanahan