tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>
Subject Re: more stuff on JAAS
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:29:51 GMT
Client-side SHA1 is fairly easy to do but requires some tricky
configuration, since not all LDAP servers hold passwords in the same
manner (they are generally prefixed with the algorithm name, sometimes
with a salt).

If I'm not mistaken DASL is the name of the secure authentication layer,
which is only partially supported today by LDAP servers. I do belive,
however, that it will become a standard feature in the future.

arkin