tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Danno Ferrin <>
Subject Re: The plans are to cut a final release of 3.1 this week...
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:36:25 GMT
The example in 224 is a bug in the bean code.  The problem is that you
cannot have two types in the getter and setter method of the property,
they must be the same type.  The Default introspection sees the
getBundle and setBundle, but because setBundle uses a java.lang.String
to set, and getBundle returns a java.util.ResourceBundle it correctly
will not report it as a property.  Perhaps if it was a setBundleName and
getBundle it would work by creating two different properties, one
read-only and another write-only and that would work.  This is not a JSP
bug but is firmly rooted in JavaBeans.